Saturday, November 11, 2023

Anisha Chaudhary Project 03: Relief Mapping

SETUP 01


Concept:
I saw 1tbsp at the Dallas club venue, It'll Do, so I decided to use the Mother Board Room Set Up to create effects for that show. This is the song that I chose to create a relief projection mapping for:
Song: 1tbsp - Best of Me
I picked out effects that had colors that reminded me of their album art colors, which are bright pastels and black and white imagery. 



Technique:
I wanted to have high energy for this piece, so every effect that I chose was very flashy. I added controls to the opacity and scale of different materials in each scene to create a pulse sensation to go with the beat of the music.






I edited the code created by Jason Beyers for RainbowCircle so that it would appear as CMY lines by multiplying the output color by 20. 

Interpretation:
This projected relief has been an exploration of lighting for electronic dance music venues or clubs. The colors are referenced from the album art, and the bright and pulsing energy of this projection would accompany the performer, 1tbsp, very well.

Link: https://youtu.be/SMlQBDJbg08



SETUP 02

Concept:
This is a rotoscope animation that I created of my friend in 2021. I felt a connection to this song by Liv.e when I was going through severe depression. The reverberation of this song made me think of water. The concept of this animation is about feeling tearful and falling into cyclical depression. The small bowls that are a part of the relief represent glimmers of hope and the viewers are welcome to toss pennies into the bowl to offer their wishes for peace. 
Song: Liv.E - I Been Livin'

Technique: 
I was using the double projector, and I wanted to avoid having the animation in the center so that the blending would not be an issue. I liked the decision I made to have the animation mirror on the left and right. On the projection, the right side is darker than the left, I think this could be adjusted with the projector settings in the future. I used a black cloth to cover the floor so that the projection would appear brighter. I also used Tupperware containers for my bowls of water. In the future, I would like to use a larger bowl of water and have a motor or some sort of rig to make the water move on its own. I would really like to have consistent rippling effect in the water. 
I used the blend mode Multiply to add effects to my animation and each scene cue. 








Interpretation:

I enjoyed hearing Professor Scott's interpretation of this piece of this being similar to a libation. I do interpret this piece is an offering of peace to those who are struggling with depression or tearfulness. 
 

Link: https://youtu.be/F5nFlpWurh4



No comments:

Post a Comment