Monday, November 6, 2023

Zahra Jafarpour, project 03, Relief Mapping

 The Rabbit:

I have been photographing dead animals I find on the street since two years ago. Some of them were eaten by other animals and some were run over by cars. Currently, I am working on a series where I paint their images on old plates.





When I signed up for this class, I had the idea of making an animation of a running rabbit projected onto a plate. I worked on it since the beginning of the semester. I used the rotoscope method and drew frame by frame from the video. Finally, I added the picture of the dead rabbit that I've found on campus.




I was going to project the video of two hands holding a knife and a fork in front of it, but when I was working on the project in the 3D Lab, Anisha suggested that I can perform that act live instead of using a video, and I agreed. I did. :)





The two portraits:


To me, this wonderful sculpture represents a man and a woman who are connected by their brains and share all their thoughts with each other, but at the same time they have no way to communicate verbally.

For this, I chose a song from the joint album of Mehsa Vahdat and Sam McClain called: "Meditating over a Photo".




The most important thing for me was that this collaboration is between a man and a woman, one singing in Farsi and the other in English.

Technically, I didn't know that the calibrated version of this file was available in eLearning, and I calibrated it myself and tried to create lines in the brain using "Grid/Mesh Wrapping". This helped me to practice everything that was in the tutorials and I am very happy about that.





No comments:

Post a Comment