Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Week 12-15: Context Mapping

A composition designed for the 2018 Plano Art Fest, Event 1013.



Undergraduate Students


Reyes, Pablo Hafid
I worked on two main compositions, the first Plano Art Fest logo, the one with a retro 80’s vaporwave style and an animated version of a colorful mural near the center of the city. Both were constructed within After Effects and completed with the help of online tutorials. As a Team Leader for the project, I simply listened to my peers and merged their ideas into a complete and balanced composition. I helped during the setup and retrieval of the event.

Rake, David Forrest

As Technical Team Lead I organized my team in a way where as many people could be apart of the creative team as possible. I assembled the mock setup with my team. I additionally was in charge of setting up all the physical edge blends and further improving digital edge blends. I made sure all our gear was packed up in a timely fashion and delivered to site, as well as torn down at the end of the event and returned to the studio. 

Wall, Sarah
For content, I edited all the logo compositions together and created a 2 minute six projection piece using the photos I took around Plano. 
I also wanted to make sure we had promotional information for our class. So, I created a logo that was put on business cards, a poster and eventually a website.
To finish off, I helped add a little decor to the sight including fun glowsticks! It was a great experience overall.

Davila, Omar Alejandro

For the final project, I started on the technical team, helping to create the mock-up of the projection space, and then made a list of all the equipment taken to Plano. Afterward, I joined the creative team to make two projections. For the logo, I make a color space with a star field in the background. For the long wall, I took many photos taken around Plano and created a Plano identity projection. Then, I helped in the setting up of the art space.

Russek Will

Being a part of the Technical Team for the projection mapping final, I worked with Omar, Ben, and David to make sure everything we needed made it to the venue in Plano. Pablo put me in charge of the music for the event, so I offered to put together as much as I could. Initially, I offered to make an hour’s worth, but after not sleeping for a couple days, I made roughly 25 minutes worth. Regardless, i was really happy with the way everything turned out for the event.

Suarez, Chelsey Mai-Ling

For the Technicolor Experience installation, I was responsible for creating content for the main wall and the logo projection wall. My logo animation was created with Illustrator and After Effects to emulate a strobe/80s aesthetic to match with the designated theme. For the main wall, I created various compositions including: “Farmer’s Market Flowers”, “Crane + Cherry Blossoms”, “Plano Balloon Fest”, “Plano Text Tetris” and the watermelon/train portion of the mural composition. All of the compositions were created in After Effects and worked to showcase a particular aspect of life in Plano, TX.

Baker, Jeremiah Melton
My responsibilities included the compilation of the assets for the food team. I gathered the logos for local restaurants to run in front of the animations. These were animated to slide across in random directions. After finishing compositing all the assets together, I did a final color grade and exported the final product in the multi-projector resolution. 

Daignault, Faith Anne
For the final project, my main focus for the project was the Logo Wall. I did 3 different compositions, 2 of them had the Plano ArtFest logo animated in a way to where it looked like the 'Plano ArtFest' font was being handwritten, and the same was done to the doodles to make them look like someone was drawing them. For the first composition, I used Red Giant's Trapcode: Particular plugin for AfterEffects, which helped me create particles, that looked like bubbles. The Second Composition, I created a gradient background with the colors of orange and green to be similar to the Plano Artfest's own background color, with mandalas slowly spin the background. The Third and final composition was made with color Liquid Ink HD videos I found on youtube. After the Event was completed I then helped tear down the display. 


Garrison, Amanda Reann
I wanted to get better with the technical side of things, so I made sure to help with the set up of the mock setup in the lab, and then again at the venue. Then I also wanted to be apart of making content, so I made one composition for the Food category, and I drew and created everything from scratch on my composition. I drew in Prismacolor on paper then scanned and photoshopped them, along with making new shapes to then animate. I took them into premiere and animated them to give them the seamless flow. I got up the venue early and was first to arrive on the day of opening, and I needed to add/replace 2 compositions quickly to render them and check quality, before opening. 

             
Jamma, Falak Abdi
I focused on simulations in Maya overall. I put together a liquid simulation of a drink being poured into a cup for the food subgroup and a cloth simulation with a logo of the artfest. Everything was rendered out directly within Maya using OTOY’s Octane Render. I did this instead of using after effects 3D to add another layer of production value. 

Soriano, Maritza
I worked under the "Family" theme for the creative team, which was kind of hard to come up with ideas for at the beginning. Thanks to Sarah and Pablo's documentation, I had plenty of content to work with. For my video, I took a quote from one of the bags photographed "The smallest things bring the greatest joy" and put it over the video clip, with some small plant details in the corners to give the composition a "Down to Earth" feeling. For my logo, I wanted to animate it as if it were actually being written, utilizing a lot of track mattes. I also tried my best to keep it within the 80s theme with bold colors, and a mixture of 2 80s inspired compositions I had made earlier in the semester.

Stegall, Elizabeth

For the art section of the long wall piece, I first went to a warehouse that was opened up to the public and took some video of some of the more interesting artworks. I then went to premiere and sliced the footage to alter between the videos I took and show off some of the place’s best aspects. For the logo, I went to flash and hand drew the logo keyframe by keyframe to draw the viewer’s eye along the transition of each letter being created.

No comments:

Post a Comment