Monday, May 1, 2023

Brittany Han: Context Mapping

Concept:

For my final context mapping project, I decided to use two walls: the north and the south in the classroom to project. I chose to create a three-minute composition that was themed around “The Serenity of Forests”. I wanted it to feel as though you were in the middle of a forest path.


Techniques:


Since the two files were already provided on e-learning, I started my project by downloading

the given files on my laptop. Then, I started creating different experimental compositions in MadMapper.







For the south wall, I projected the background of the north wall to help get an encompassing feeling. I added bird calls and rain to help sell the illusion a little more.







For the north wall, since my theme was “calm forest", I went ahead and played around with different gifs that fit in with and complemented the feel I was going for. In order to do this I placed a major emphasis on using realistic looking media as much as possible. Moreover, I decided to layer a gif into the Janus Head almost like a spyglass look farther into the forest. I thought it added a cool effect and allowed me to play with some cute ideas in the composition.


Interpretation:



North Wall


Southwall



In case videos don't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ40SkZnkJw -North

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCWuBIhoRhg - South Wall


This project allowed me attempt other ideas I had for previous projects on a larger scale and really explore the materials more. It helped reinforce the concepts learned over the semester and use them in a way that really used the projectors full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment