Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Preston Wolfe: Context Mapping

Concept:

For this project I chose the north wall of the classroom. Initially from the file provided I liked the gold lines that outlined the center piece, and it motivated my work for a gold, copper, and silver design. For the final presentation I ended up creating a 3 10 second designs for each metal color, with an 5 second clip of just the lights breaking up each scene. 

Technique:

With the provided files I made minor adjustments to the masks and lines. After this I started to create the copper scene, mostly looking into what characteristics I can manipulate in the artwork. Next I made the silver scene creating mostly motion in the background, and finally the gold scene with motion in the background and static light in the center piece. 

Interpretation: Some difficulties I ran into with this project were the multiple projectors, the lights on the center piece, and masks and line work. Most issues were resolved with a simple reboot. Overall I had fun creating this piece even though it is simple, I thought the idea of metals all worked together in this projection because of all the elements that were made available in the file provided.



No comments:

Post a Comment