Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Alan Yu: Projection Mapping 1 Rework

After Monday's class, I felt like I did not do this project justice. I decided to do a different take, and have some of my own twists. 


I have been remaking some of the most iconic video game/animation OSTs, and I just to have a simple MIDI file that goes with a track from SpongeBob SquarePants called "Electric Zoo." I knew I wanted to use that midi data as well as Ableton Link to map some parameters. I started with a simple gif of Mr. Crabs dancing to the song.


Ableton Link Enabled


Ableton sent Midi data and BPM (Ableton Link) to MadMapper


Link Notes to Trigger Strings

I found a "String Instrument" visual in the public library. I mapped the notes from Ableton in the Control list.

First Prototype





Next, I decided to make some other scenes using different media and project them in a stage background.

Stage


Strobe Synced up to Ableton's Master Clock

Other Layer gifs and FX (motion blur)

Ableton Timeline

Final Product













No comments:

Post a Comment