Monday, April 9, 2018

Elizabeth Stegall - Project 4 Relief Mapping 

Concept:

Eyes:
For the first projection map I wanted to implement a moving object within each triangle of the 3D model however, I didn't want to fill each shape with too much information in order to make it easier to read so I decided on eyes opening, closing and looking around rapidly.

Akira:
For the second projection map I wanted to express the emotion of anticipation and really get the viewer's  hear pumping. I decided that I wanted to place clips from the animated movie Akira because of it's fast paced, action paced moments within the object.


Process:

Eyes:
For the creation of the eyes I had to go into Photoshop and draw different kinds of eyes closing opening, etc then saved it as a gif. The gif came out with a bit of noise but I was able to shield it a bit in Mad Mapper. I then turned in the the gif into Mad Mapper and carefully tried to match the eyes with the triangles. To hide the noise, I added a quad that was filled with static and fit the black and white look.





Akira:
For this map I collected a screen glitch video and a number of gifs from the movie and converted them all into mp4 files. I then placed them into after effects, I then placed each mp4 in a order and added the glitch effect to the whole video to give it the visual aspect of uneasiness with the glitching footage. I then make the glitch length shorter and dispersed them in the video. I then added one of the tracks to the movie too put on the finishing touch.





Interpretation: 

I found that this project took longer than I had originally planned out but I really think that I am finding my style as I was working on this. I've also learned some ways to get around problems that I had in the beginning of the year and would have never thought of while working on the assignment.











































No comments:

Post a Comment