Friday, March 30, 2018

Falak Jamma - Project 3: Classroom Mapping (Updated Video Link)

Concept: 

I've had the idea of traveling within the inner eyes weeks before we were presented this particular project and I toyed with it a bit until I was content. After that I thought "How could I make this a consistent theme throughout the room?" And upon further thought I came up with the concept of having exaggerated human anatomy throughout the room as my composition, and I knew just how I could make it work.

Process: 


I wanted to use 3D in order to activate a majority of the anatomy in the room, so I set out and found many 3D models of human organs and bodies. If they were not already obj files, I would bring them into Maya and convert them. With these obj files I could bring them into After Effects with a Plug in called Element 3D which allows me to texture animated the objects and render them quickly while composting other effects behind it.


There were also many instances that I needed to apply soft edges to my rendered assets in Madmapper in order to keep them seamless between two projects.

Interpretation:

I loved the way It turned out, Rendering this many 3D assets took a lot of time, but it was worth it at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment