Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 6-9 Classroom Mapping - Elizabeth Stegall/Amanda Garrison


Concept:
For this concept we really wanted to go all out and make the room light up with colors and moving objects. We wanted to show our expressive/creative side out onto the wall with color and glowing images to simulate a sort of rave feeling with a bit of animation both self made and professionally made. After finding out the mutual love of Dragon Ball Z we both had, we wanted to implement some animations in the show into our pieces. We split the work up since we had twice the things to cover. 

Process:
Amanda - 
I came up to the school lab with Elizabeth and there we went ahead and mapped the whole room and got some visuals up on the walls, with lots of color. I brought some LED props and I recorded me and Elizabeth messing around with them with the walls with our projections playing in the background. It created this neat effect that I was wanting to bring into premiere and edit them to be bright and colorful visuals. I also found some other footage of the LED props in action to blend with them. I wanted the colors of the lights to be vibrant so when I edited them they would change drastically, creating an interesting flow of color. 



I played around with a nice variety of effects and blends until it looked like a glitch or psychedelic.


Me and Elizabeth spent time in the lab and came up with the idea of a dragon ball theme for the room. I had the idea to use .gif’s in this one, so I went to Giphy and found a ton of Dragon Ball .gif’s that were ready to go. I wanted to use the gifs as panels in the Geo around the room.


Elizabeth - 
I created a few gifs to go along with the wall art that Amanda and I created with the LED lights and the Madmapper files in photoshop. I animated us with our heads moving along the walls to make it look like the drawings were interacting with whats going on with the classroom mapping.




As stated before Amanda and I worked together to place the many gifs of Dragon ball z within the room, seemingly replacing some of the objects within the room with short clips of Dragon ball z characters interacting with each other. Amanda created a few colorful videos to place within certain parts of the room and I was tasked with placing them in the proper spots such as a bright water animation on the large silver contraption to make it seem as if liquid was flowing through the tubes.




We both collaborated on which video to put where on the rest of the projection maps and what what movement would look better on the walls. We then implemented Dragon Ball Z gifs into the designs and tried to find interesting ways to display them.










Interpretation:
After completing this assignment we found it to be a lot more fun and easier than we expected it to be, and it opened our eyes to the possibilities of what projection mapping can do to a simple room and it made us hungry for more.






No comments:

Post a Comment