Monday, September 10, 2018

Amir Naqi - Assignment I

Concept
After thinking about how to approach the project, I decided to roll with the theme of inspiration and connection.  The University of Texas at Dallas provides a lot of students with resources for development as well as for growth, and taking from that, I wanted to find a way to capture that.  I took some pictures of buildings around campus where I saw students walk in and I decided to base them as the canvas of my assignment.

Technique
I went about by trying to capture a good spatial shot at night.  I wanted to capture some pictures that would be optimized for projection mapping.  I looked for a good angle of the building where we could get a good view of the projections without terrible distortions.  I took a few different pictures on campus of my findings.  I wanted to capture the essence of the school as well as the aura that it promotes.  As such, I found it best to keep with the school's colors and new logo.

Interpretation
I believe that the school has a sort of mystical feel, with all of the students playing the role of collaborators within the network, connecting with one another.  I feel like I captured it in my first piece.  To me, it kind of reminds me of worker bees coming together to serve one common purpose; to better ourselves and our world.  I used the schools logo in the center as it provides a literal reminder to the connection being drawn.  In hindsight, two of my pictures didn't quite come out as planned, but I treat it as a learning experience.

Final Thoughts
Overall, I learned a little more about Madmapper. While I wish I had spent a lot more time perfecting every single angle and arranging elements, I'm looking forward to spending hours and hours within the software and I already have had actual situations that I could have used it for!

https://youtu.be/OPFYOpi8sLk


No comments:

Post a Comment