Sunday, September 30, 2018

Tape Mapping


The Heart Shaker is a project inspired by 90s mahou shoujo anime. The pastel colors, and rosy hues are reminiscent of magical girl anime. I chose this concept because Halloween is right around the corner and I appreciate the cute side of things.  
Heart Shaker started off with a loose sketch. Then, I did a rudimentary outline of the heart design on Photoshop. Then, I moved the file into Illustrator to vectorize the image. Next, I imported it to MadMapper and played around with the presets and animations. In order to make the blood dripping animation, I used After Effects to animate the stretch and position of the bleeding fluid. I chose the blood because mahou shoujo anime goes well with horror themes like ice cream and french fries. For instance, most dessert recipes like cookies and cake involves 1 cup of sugar and a pinch of salt. I think it’s quite fitting to have a dash of horror sprinkled into a heaping cup of kawaii elements.  
I used pastel colors for the heart because I wanted to evoke a sense of 90s magical girl genre anime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment