Monday, September 10, 2018

Isamary Luna: Week #1-3 Background Mapping

Concept

For the first Projection Mapping project, I wanted to show a futuristic world. With this idea in mind I decided to take a picture of the ATEC building. What better way to show a futuristic world than our very own arts and technology building. I looked around the building but ultimately decided to go with the courtyard area. The day that I took the picture the area seemed pretty grim as it was cloudy and had been previously raining. The weather that day gave me another idea for this project. Since the weather that day was uninviting, I went with a futuristic world that's gone wrong theme. In this futuristic world you can see a screen with a lot of noise with the text,"THIS IS NOT A TEST". This gives the composition a feeling that this world is experiencing something urgent or dangerous. Not giving a lot context gives the viewer an opportunity to come up with many scenarios of what could be going on the scene.

Technique

I started by creating quads and putting them over the places I wanted to project on. At first I was going to use mesh warping to adjust what I wanted to project on, but I found later that the material was also being warped so I decided to cover the building with different quads not just one. After that I masked parts I didn't want it to project on like the statue in the middle and the bridge on the left corner.
After that, I added the glowing lines around the building to show movement and a futuristic aspect. I also added text on the building to give the effect that something is wrong in this world. I also added an effect on the text to make it look like it's glitching.

Final Product
My approach on this project made me more aware of all the possibilities that I could create.

No comments:

Post a Comment