Sunday, February 5, 2023

Bailey Lai: Projection 1 Background Mapping

Concepts

Dallas Contemporary
Sixty Vines Plano
Marcel Market

    This project consisted of photos I took with my phone within this past year. I take more interior photos than exterior, but I found an interesting building in Dallas to work with. That way, I can learn to work with both interior and exterior backgrounds. Each project has their own concept, in which the interior projects had the same scenes and compositions with different color concepts while the exterior project utilizes different set of photos.

Techniques
    The process for my interior compositions are similar. I ensured different colors and variety to my generators. My exterior composition cycled through different photos with a simple generator to match its theme. I used quad masks on all compositions to project specific areas of my backgrounds.

Interpretations
Organic
    With an overall geometric structure, I used three different organic generators to contrast against the walls and square artwork. The color palettes are complimentary colors with blue and orange, red and green, and yellow and violet. I adjusted the X and Y positions of the generators for an attempt to have each project flow right after each other.

Monochromatic
    Because the image is monochromatic with black and white, I used three different generators with a colorful monochromatic palette. These colors included different shades of cyan, magenta, and green. I felt like I gave each projection a proper generator for a theme. The top generator is on top of a still beam, the middle generator is organic on top of rounded line art, and the bottom generator allows the eye to follow down a path.

Communication
    The "...it was all a dream..." was my inspiration for this project's concept. I utilized different set of photos to create a sense of how odd dreams could be while still creating a message to our subconscious. These photo sets included eyeballs and a mouth, various artworks of "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Say No Evil", and different typefaces.





No comments:

Post a Comment