Sunday, February 5, 2023

Bonnie Abbott: Projection 1 Background Mapping





Video link: https://youtu.be/hQuh0PkqyNU

Concept: 
My initial concept was on the beauty of rural Italian buildings and the vibrant paints used, but as I began work, my concept shifted. Instead of emphasizing a yellow building, I began to focus on how the colors interacted. My first projection is focusing on analogous colors, using very similar colors to that of the building. My next projection is focusing on complimentary colors within the projection. The last projection is focusing on projecting one complimentary color on the other. 


Techniques:

I began setting my image as the background. Next I began blocking out the main surfaces and getting the perspective as close as I could. Because I was still getting the hang of the program, I didn't realize I could mask within a quad layer. I created about 40 separate masks for the windows before I realized that the masks would not work in the way I needed them to. Thankfully, I could copy the mask into my base quad layers so I didn't have to redo all of my masks. After I was happy with the masking, I played around with some of the base materials and the parameters. When I was recording, the videos did not have the background picture. After a bit of help, I realized I had to set my background image as its own component for the Syphon recorder to register it. 


Interpretation:

In all honesty, I am not happy with how it looks graphically. I am proud of the masking and how it turned out, but I don't like the visuals I created. Though this was my first time using mad mapper in depth, I think I could have created a more appealing art piece. I did hit a few road blocks as I was completing this assignment, but now I am a little more familiar with the program. As I progress through this course, I am confident in my ability to learn and improve my art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment