Monday, February 6, 2023

Brittany Han Projection 1 Background Mapping

Concepts:

My concept for this project revolves around submarines and the military personnel that manned these ships at pearl harbor. I decided to go with this photo as I was inspired when visiting the USS Bowfin museum during my recent trip to Hawaii.

Original Photo of Torpedo Room

Techniques:

Since the scene is indoors and already dark I didn't need to edit it much other then sizing it down to a specific area. I utilized the quad masking tool and added masks to add details to the projected areas. Additionally, I added inverted masks to the quad in the back over the torpedo tubes so that the only part you see would be inside the tube.

Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3

Interpretations:

For my project, I wanted to make a memorial type show as that is what pearl harbor is dedicated for. I specifically put this towards the end of the tour for this reason; this is right before you head back onto the top of the submarine. I chose to center my scenes around a few of the faces of the 80 crew members within the submarine that helped to take revenge for the pearl harbor attack. Overall, I was satisfied with my first attempt. I enjoyed messing around with MadMapper; even if getting it to screen capture was a pain.

 in case video doesn't play link: https://youtu.be/KlFArHgd51k

No comments:

Post a Comment