Monday, February 6, 2023

Tately Diep: Assignment 1 - Background Mapping

Concepts:

My concept for this project revolves around integrating elements of nature scenes into the structures of the ArtScience Museums in the Marina Bay Sands resort in Singapore. I decided to go with this photo as I was inspired when visiting the TeamLabs exhibition within the museum, as they specialize in interactive projection mapping exhibitions. 

Marina Bay Sands
Original Photo
TeamLabs - Future World: Where Art Meets Science

Techniques:

To make the scene appear realistic, I edited the original photo into Photoshop to make the scene look more cool-toned and dark to replicate nighttime. I utilized the quad masking tool and added masks to add details to the projected areas. Additionally, I feathered the edges of my quad masks to blend the edges from being too harsh, especially around the areas with organic shapes from the bushes and trees.

Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3

Interpretations:

For my project, I wanted to keep different areas of the composition consistent with their corresponding element. I drew inspiration from how they incorporate forms of nature into their exhibits. I chose to center my scenes around components that reflect the original photo, like flowers on the lotus-shaped building, etc. Overall, I was satisfied with my first attempt at this project, as I enjoyed playing with the MadMapper program and seeing my visions come to life. 











No comments:

Post a Comment