Monday, February 6, 2023

Caleb Wang, Projection 1: Background Mapping

Concepts



The concept for this project focuses on UTD and creating a sort of highlight for life at UTD. I took some interior photos of some of the school buildings at night and decided to use the architecture to my advantage. As someone with no experience with MadMapper or masking of any sort, this was a good exercise to get me familiar with the software.

Techniques

I mostly utilized quad layers and masking to achieve the intended effect. While some were easy, such as the one on the pillar and the table, others required extensive masking. The one on the floor in particular took some effort to mask out, as legs of the chairs and tables needed to be masked out. In order to encapsulate the UTD spirit, I used footage of events that were held at UTD.



Interpretations


For this project, I wanted to focus my video on UTD. I wanted to keep the footage and locations relevant to my topic, and tried to showcase life at UTD the best I could. If I was more familiar with the software, I would’ve gone a bit deeper with the techniques that I used.




No comments:

Post a Comment