Sunday, February 5, 2023

Reina Park: Projection 1 Backdrop Mapping

Concept:




For my project, I decided to create a composition that resembles a futuristic aquatic city. I chose an image taken in the ATEC building since the inside of the building gives a futuristic and modern atmosphere. I also adjusted the original image's brightness and color (dark blue) to match the image to the central theme of my composition. 



Techniques:


I first created different masks for each side of the compositions I chose to project. I focused on how I could make a composition that resembles a futuristic aquatic city, especially when it comes to color. 






For my first scene, I used several videos I had taken in the past and adjusted the color and contrast to create a composition as needed to design a futuristic aquatic city. I also used a couple of effects from MadMapper library to add a more futuristic and aquatic feeling, including the ReliefNoise and Noise5D for the floor and Dunes for the ceiling (along with the sunset video I took), and the static effect on the left side of my scene. 





For my second scene, I also used the same methods that I chose to use for my first scene, but I decided to differentiate the color schemes I decided to use. I layered the NoiseGrid effect with the Hue wave effect from the library for the middle side of the right side of my composition. For the bottom right side, I chose to use the Noisy Barcode effect with a hint of color adjustment to match the overall color scheme of my second scene. I also tried to experiment with my Mac Pro built-in camera for the left side of my composition after adjusting brightness, contrast, and saturation to create a film camera-looking effect. I used the same effects (ReliefNoise and Noise5D) but with pink color to give a different look. For the ceiling, I utilized a video I took and adjusted the color to make it look green. For the top right part of my composition, I also utilized a video I took, but I applied a VHS filter to make my composition look more appealing. 





For my third scene, I utilized the videos I took and the built-in effects with different color schemes to give it a distinct look from the others. I chose to use the Iteration effect for the sky, but I edited the RGB value to match my color scheme for the third scene. For the right sides, I used the MadNoise effect for the top side and both of the Random and CubicCircles effects with a slight color adjustment. For the middle one, I imported a video I took and applied the FX Cosine Palette effect to make my composition look more dynamic. I used the same effects that are ReliefNoise and Noise5D, but I also slightly adjusted the color to match the overall color scheme. For the top right side of my composition, I utilized the MadNoise effect from the library to add an illusional atmosphere, which adds a futuristic atmosphere to my third scene. For the left side of my composition, I adjusted the camera angle and applied a VHS filter to make my composition seem even more technological.






Interpretation:

For my compositions, since I decided to create a composition resembling a futuristic aquatic city, I experimented by utilizing different media and formats, especially textures and colors. I added a piece of music that also matches my overall theme. I would have utilized several different media I could use if I had more knowledge and experience with MadMapper, but I had a great chance to learn and experiment with the software by finishing this assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment