Monday, April 12, 2021

Cameron Steele Project 3: Relief Mapping

 Concept: 


Coinciding with the release of LSDream's EP High Vibrations, I decided to make a projection mapping for the titular track High Vibrations. Getting some elements from official art assets and mapping them to a truncated tetrahedron. Making sure to include sacred geometry and other mystical symbolism to fit the aesthetic of the song.


Process:

Using Rhino I was able to make a simulated environment so I could prepare my mapping before actually doing so in person.  Once I had a truncated tetrahedron I played around with the layout and began designing the map in madmapper. I then printed and cut out a paper tetrahedron using pepakura studio to make a physical tetrahedron for mapping.

I added in the 3d model of the tetrahedron was added into madmapper and aligned it with the physical paper tetrahedron. There I was able to texture the virtual tetrahedron with my video footage and convert the outlines to lines allowing for line animations.


Final:


The final composition was designed for sharing on social media like Instagram and TikTok so the video was designed in 9:16 aspect ratio for better casual viewing on mobile devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment