Monday, April 12, 2021


 

Concept:

For this project, I spent most of the time stuck with few or no ideas as to what to create. For the relief, I got the idea to use sticker vinyl from where I work. After testing with it, it looked nothing like I had hoped and decided to use cut up boxes to help 'stiffen' the relief. This created the triangular look I originally hoped for with just the vinyl. As for the projection,  since I was low on ideas and time I decided to just mess around with the MadMapper FX settings for different medias and create some cool animated textures. Though, after I started doing this idea (on Sunday night) I had an idea to create a small animated scene to animate and project but due to my 'self imposed time constraints', this idea will have to wait.

Technique:

The shape of the relief was simple enough to where I did not feel the need to use spatial scanning. Placing the vertices of each surface was actually very easy compared to the shoe from the previous project. As for the visuals, they were created as separate scenes with different MadMapper FX attached to them.

Interpretation:

Since I didn't leave myself enough time to really do what I wanted to do, I still tried to create something I wouldn't have been able to a couple weeks/months ago. MM is pretty hard to create animation in since there's no timeline, but using generators and numbers has taught me a couple new things about animating that I can use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment