Saturday, April 10, 2021

Beverly Estrada Project 2: Shoe Mapping

 

Concept:

For this project I decided to use one of my block heels and use the song “Close to You” by Dayglow. I mainly try to focus on the beat of the song as well as the color scheme used on the music video.

Technique:

The set up consisted of my black desk and my black curtain as a background. I don’t have any other table, so I used my small storage drawer and 3 makeup palettes to level my projector to my desk. To record I used my iPhone 11 and placed it underneath my projector. That way it was leaning on something.

It took me a while to figure out how the scenes and cues work. So, I first started masking the shoe with different designs, which I used the ones provided by madmapper. After that I started working on the background designs. It did take a while to mask around the shoes and the actual shoe accurately. Once the designs were done, I started adding them to different cues. It took me a while to figure out how to change the parameters on each cue. I did have several issues where the cues were not showing up or were updating the wrong things.

Interpretation:

The song “Close to You” is an upbeat indie-rock song so I tried to focus on the beat of the song. In the music video the guy is using a light blue suit and the background consists of warm colors such as orange. I tried to keep the same color scheme within the first part of the chorus. Then the colors were changed in the second part of the chorus. I do use the siren effect to demonstrate the transition of the upbeat part to the calm part.



No comments:

Post a Comment