Tuesday, March 30, 2021

NUNO SERGIO SHOE MAPPING

 


Concept:


For this assignment, my plan was solely to create a performance to the "Borderline" song by Tame Impala.   I really liked the steady beat that the 80s type drums have in this song and felt they were perfect to have my visuals react to them. I also wanted to make sure that I implemented graphics that feel like the song.


Process:


The process that I used for this assignment was kind of straight forward, but it did require a bit of research. I started off by just mapping my shoe (which i moved and wasn't able to obtain the perfect angle again) and then attempting to automate all of the effects that I wanted to add to my medias and ISF's. I tried automating through audio frequencies and also added midi controls. Neither gave me the exact result that I wanted. I became desperate and turned to the dark world of reddit. There I was able to find a software named Vezer, which enables you to automate in a timeline type workstation similar to those that are included in DAWs. In this software, I programmed all of my mad mapper cues, color effects, and line effects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment