Monday, March 22, 2021

Afifah Mazhar: Project 2 Shoe Mapping



Concept:

For this project I had decided that I wanted to capture my mapping in a slightly downward angle. For this reason I tried to find a shoe of mine that had a large, empty heel space. So that I would have space to show interesting projections even if the camera was angled downwards.



Process:

I started this mapping off by taking a picture of the shoe from the angle at which the camera would record the show and also one from where I imagined the projector would be. From there, I lined up the projector with my shoe and made sure my mappings would line up. 

From here, I started creating quads and lines within the outline that I had made and then went looking for what I wanted my mapping to look like. After I decided upon the music I would use, I created multiple scenes with different timings and made sure they would align properly with my music. From there I just filled in the sections I made in each scene so that they flowed smoothly.

Lastly, I set up the projector in the initial spot (or at least tried to), realigned the shoe, and recorded the mapping taking place.



Interpretation: 

When looking at the shoe I had chosen, I was thinking about what this shoe meant to me. It was the shoes I would wear when running around campus in my day to day life. At the same time, however, it was a heeled shoe and I felt like it gave off more of a formal look. I wanted to combine both the formal, stiff feeling of the shoe with how I viewed the shoe (as my go to pair of shoes for chilling and working). For this reason I chose the song Wannabe by ITZY. The song starts of very crisp and formal but devolves in to a more relaxed and energetic one later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment