Sunday, March 21, 2021

Ari Aronoff Project 2: Shoe Mapping



 Concept

    For this project I decided to use a song that I used in another project last semester, the Cowboy Bebop opening theme. I chose this because I thought the assets I already had animated from last semester would look good mapped onto the setup I had made. I then had the idea of adding cuts of the original opening animation since I used a similar color palette. 

Process

    Since my tripod broke I had to rely on books and tape for this set up. I was hesitant about using the box to raise the shoe but it served as a good point of reference while creating the shoe surfaces in MadMapper. After creating the shoe surfaces I went through my old project and trimmed each comp that tied with the musical cues. I then did the same thing to original opening and imported all of the animated cuts into MadMapper. From there I tied each scene and cue to a keyboard shortcut and manually triggered the cues while recording on my phone.



This took and unbelievable amount of tries.



Interpretation

    

    Each of the music cues had an instrumental animation and a comp from the original theme. The instruments animated are the same as the bebop jazz instruments used in the song. The main ones were the trumpets, the drums, the guitar and the saxophones.

No comments:

Post a Comment