Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Conner Hill Project 2: Shoe Mapping



Concept: 

    To projection map my shoe in a way that it would have audio-reactive visuals that articulate the Ivy Lab remix of Night Driving by Rhi. I wanted to incorporate visuals that have a minimal deep electronic style and red and white seemed to be colors that matched the tune.


Technique:

     For this project, I had to kind of made do with what I had, so my setup is relatively simple. I have a side table that I laid longways and then used a black pillowcase stuck to the wall as a backdrop. I set up my projector and iPhone at the end of the table so that I could get a shot that was directly at the shoe.

all of the visual content is made using MadMapper effects. I found that mad mapper layers are great for the minimal deep techno look that I was going for, and they are all customizable so I was easily able to make parts "pop" to the music. I love the line effects in mad mapper and found that my shoe had lots of stitching that would be perfect places to have some lines pumping to the music.


Interpretation:

    Ivy Lab did such an excellent job on this remix and I wanted to really articulate the deep bubbly beat and the echoey vocals. Red and white came to mind because I think that they create a really dark industrial electronic feel, and pairing those colors with minimal techy animations that are audio reactive, and carefully placed scene transitions really articulates the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment