Thursday, March 4, 2021

Akhil Mulukutla Project 1

Concepts: For this project, I went down to a nearby high school, Heritage High School and took pictures of the walls that would render well and had enough detail to learn to mask. The walls are tall and have certain details such as doors and windows that made it a bit tricky. Some of the compositions are extreme while others were a bit more subtle. I let the natural colors of the wall peek through in order to make it more realistic.

 

Techniques: I used quads for most of the flat surfaces in the pictures. Beyond that, I masked any doors, windows, or external detail. I also used mesh warping to conform the quads to the walls. Because I used my Iphone camera the pictures all had a slight fish-eye effect that I did my best to correct. All other tools used include opacity, color and scale to get it as neat as possible

 

Interpretations: For my inspiration, I used science fiction and fantasy examples. One that might be noticeable is the wall shifting composition with the two doors. I really like the scene from Harry Potter where the wall shifts away and noticed that the technique is used in many other films. My version has the wall dripping much like a hologram or rubber material making it seem more whimsical. The same technique is used in the wall with windows on it but with a different design. The first composition is the one I put a different spin on, mainly to see if the program worked with angles. I set quads on both sides of the building to see if they would work together as one, and to my surprise they worked perfectly. I applied multiple effects to this composition to get a scope of how I can layer these effects.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment