Monday, March 22, 2021

Adan Morales Project 2: Shoe Mapping

 

Concept: 

I looked through my shoes and noticed that my boots had four different panels on its side and I thought it would be cool to represent different types of scenery on them that are all tied up to the song that is playing in the background. 



Process:

I began by creating a mask outline of the shoe on the first Quad in order to have the general shape of my canvas and narrow the field where the light would hit. Then, I continued to create the rest of the shapes on the shoe by using the checkered pattern and using a different color for each one in order to block out the sections.


Once that was completed, I replaced the solid color shapes with background stock videos that showcased the different kinds of scenery I had thought about. Lastly, I added the Spectrum material onto the first Quad and added an audio control onto it to change the brightness and contrast according to the music. The song is called Chlorine (Mexico City) by Twenty One Pilots.


Interpretation:

I believe I achieved my goal but it was not as ambitious as I thought it would be. While creating this scene, I thought about new ideas for upcoming projects since I did not think I had enough time to redo this project entirely.


No comments:

Post a Comment