Monday, March 22, 2021

Akhil Mulukutla Project 2: Shoe Mapping

 


 
 Concept:
 
Very recently I've received a pair of Nike Blazers Mids for my birthday and decided to do a ode to Nike using that very pair. The concept is based on shoe retailer displays so I displayed a Nike commercial on the box while the logo "Nike by you" is lit by a solid white quad. The shoe itself is lit by a wavy animation so that it stays bright and visible during the animation.

 
Process:
 
I had the shoe balanced on 3 boxes to reach the desired height and had my projector on a tripod to project the animations straight. The most difficult part of this besides masking out the shoe was figuring out how to get the projector to display directly from my computer. I finally got it working after messing around with the display settings. With the checkerboard pattern up and my cursor showing on the projector display it was quite easy working with real world objects. Once the display was all finished, I took multiple short videos with my phone from different angles to get a full grasp of what's projected and what's not.

Interpretation:
 
To tie the animations together I chose to use the song, Miss Alissa by the Eagles of Death Metal. The upbeat song was used in previous Nike commercials so I felt it fit well with the eye catching display. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment