Monday, March 22, 2021

Bayang Flores Project 2: Shoe Mapping

// Concept

    For this project, I was messing around in MadMapper when I saw the waveform option and was reminded of the Arctic Monkeys AM album from 2013. I wanted to play around with the waveform and black and white projections for this assignment. 

// Process

    Working with the mini-projector I have, I found that it's not as strong as I would have liked for it to have been. I initially wanted to try animations on the black surface of the Adidas logo on my Superstars, but found that the way I had set things up, none of the color were showing in any meaningful way. 

    Instead, I just played around with big blocky areas of my shoe and mapped the topology of the surface as best I could to wrap the light around it. Looking back now, I see that my edges are quite messy. This project was definitely a lot more difficult for me in comparison to our first assignment. 




//Interpretation

    In comparison to projecting on a relatively flat surface, I found that all the curves and creases of my shoe made it so much more difficult to get a look that I wanted. While this is what I have to submit, I want to try and improve on this on my own time for my own sake. I think, with practice, I'll be able to create something better in the future. 

    Also, my apartment has a window basically everywhere but the tight closet, so when I projected the colors weren't as bright as I would have preferred. In the future I might try projecting at night instead just so I can help my mini-projector along as much as I can. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment