Monday, March 22, 2021

Cameron Steele Project 2: Shoe Mapping


Concept:

The song I chose was Dial Up by Barely Alive. I drew on their brand style guide to create my show.




I had been working with IKEA Lack tables recently and realized how versatile they can be for non-table purposes and I realized it would make a really nice stand for a cool backdrop for the shoe mapping project.

Process:

I measured the table dimensions and went into rhino to design a nice stand that would display the shoe and be the centerpiece of my display.


I then went to IKEA and purchased 3 LACK tables and took them to the woodshop and prepared them for the necessary modifications.








Once the centerpiece was finished I got to the projection mapping portion of the project. I started by putting the projector in front of the table and lined everything up placing my shoe in the center and making sure the beam covered the entire area. I then used a Logitech Brio to use the space scanner feature of madmapper to get a working image of the scene.



I found this crawlspace area in my parent's house and used it as the location of my scene. Once everything was setup I began making a mask of the shoe. Making both a background and foreground mask so I could easily project images to either side. I then played with sound reactivity, lines, and compound masks. 

Final:

                        




No comments:

Post a Comment