Monday, March 22, 2021

Eduardo Garcia - Face Projection

Project 2

Using motion capture and 3d software, I was able to make a performative face projection to past performance done by Lady Gaga in the VMA's in 2013. This is one of my favorite performances and I told myself every project I make in college must pay homage to her beautiful mind. I was very moved by her tribute to David Bowie and admired all of the technology used when she collaborated with Intel I just had to try it for myself.

Through these captures you can see the work put through this project. The work flow goes as followed. I started by making the 3D model of my face by taking pictures of my face using the front and side views. Then imported those photos to the FaceGen Modeller program. Exported the obj. file and brought it into blender where I played with motion to create a visual narrative. Made final edits in after effects and then I finally projected the finished video through mad mapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment