Monday, March 22, 2021

AJ Silverman: Project 2 Shoe Mapping

 



Concept

This project involved taking a shoe and projection mapping onto it with audio. I chose the song In the Night by MUZZY featuring Sullivan King.


Technique

The video that plays behind the shoe was created by hand. I drew several background and foreground frames in Procreate, then exported them as a Photoshop file to link to After Effects. In After Effects, I edited the frames together to match up with the song. I also added shaking effects and opacity changes.

For the object that makes up the floor and walls around the shoe, I collaborated with Cameron Steele to put together. It is three LACK tables from IKEA screwed together, Cameron's design.



The 3D scanner was used to help mask out the shoe. I also had to mask out with floor and certain areas on the LACK semi-cube that were reflecting too much.

Many of the effects used on the shoe were controlled by audio.


Interpretation

The aesthetics are inspired by thriller and action movies, with some science fiction mixed in of course. I noticed that there was an unintentional effect of light reflection when the semi-cube is projected on. I decided to lean into the effect and take advantage of it, so I only projected onto one side of the semi-cube.


No comments:

Post a Comment