Monday, April 12, 2021

Ysatis Muniz Project 3: Relief Mapping

 

Concept:
For my project I wanted to go for a kind of space and future retro vibe based on the song Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa. 
Technique:
I didn't have much to work from, so I just put together some stuff. I didn't have a complete white canvas so I just used one that was hanging on my wall. I had a little square bucket so I hung it up on my wall by using some ribbon and tying the bucket to it. I then pinned the ribbon to the wall. I used my canvas to cover the ribbon by having it lay vertically on top of the bucket at an angle. I also included a circle mirror that I had at the bottom just for funsies.
Also, I had to move my desk and take some stuff off from my walls to create a space where I could do my work and also be able to have a background.



Interpretation:
In Dua Lipa's cover art for Future Nostalgia, she is in a spaceship in space, so I tried incorporating space into my composition. I also included a lot of pink because Dua Lipa wears a pink suit in the cover art. In her album, it has a sort of retro feel to, so I tried to mesh together the retro and space vibes, as well as a bit of a futuristic kind of aspect to it as well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment