Monday, April 12, 2021

Low relief project Akhil Mulukutla

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

Concept: 

When I started this project, I was stuck trying to find the right object to project onto. The idea to use this bust of a bulldog in my room came to me after testing 3 or 4 other objects. I wanted to challenge myself but also keep the freedom I had so I went in with no plan. Instead I watched a couple tutorials and got straight to work. I wanted a futuristic vibe going to match the song I was choosing, Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk.  I also wanted the bust to stand alone and not add any videos so that the actual animations on the bust show better. Overall spatial scanning was tough with this object but I did what I could to make it look cool.

Technique:

I tried using spatial scanning but found that adding quads and circles was way easier in getting the shapes I wanted. It took quite a while longer than the shoe project but I feel like it was worth it for the final product. The visuals are all elements in Madmapper that I layered to make a cohesive piece of work.

Interpretation:

While my experience was similar to that of the shoe mapping project, I feel like I enjoyed messing around with visuals on this project more. I'd like to work more on other more complicated shapes so that I could get more experience and learn to make more seamless visuals.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment