Monday, April 10, 2023

Bailey Lai: Projection 3 Relief Mapping

Concept

The Dan Base model was the most appealing to work with and I was inspired by "Overthinker" by INZO because of how geometric and face-like the model was. I pulled references to my design with INZO's album cover color palette. I felt like the EDM genre would suit this concept.

Techniques

Using the provided Dan Base model UV file on eLearning, I was able to calibrate my composition during class, which was approved and accurate. Unfortunately, the projector was moved by someone else and I tried to calibrate the best I could from my previous work. My compositions included the Line Pattern and Strobe outlines with different effects. My color palette came from the song's album cover and other effects to match the song's energy.

Interpretation

I created about four different and short compositions instead of two long ones because I wanted to match the snippet of the song. Slower and darker compositions paired with the dialogue and calmer parts of the song, while fast and brighter compositions were during loud instrumentals with beat drops.



No comments:

Post a Comment