Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Preston Wolfe: Project 03 Relief Mapping



Concept:

For the concept of this project I wanted to focus on using the individual panels of the artwork, as well as incorporate a topographical styled design. I also tried to create a build up in using pieces as the scenes progressed, I started with minimal things involved, then added the wall panels as a background, then added the circle and built off of this. It became more and more involved then less and less as I slowed the audio down. 

Technique:

I started with calibrating the 3-D object to the physical relief in madmapper. After this it was mostly all line work, I used few quads to light the eyes, the fist, and the background. I also went in and added a quads to almost every panel on the relief, as well as circles and squares to the panels and objects. Masks helped me create a lot of different effects and helped me keep all of the artwork contained to specified areas. All of this work was completed in mad mapper.

Interpretation:

I think overall the project came out better than how it started. At first I was struggling with direction of the project, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do exactly. After starting the process of creating individual quads for each panel on the relief my idea started to flow a bit more. Once I started a topographical map that's when I really started to enjoy the project and gained more confidence in the work and program. 


No comments:

Post a Comment