Monday, April 10, 2023

Bonnie Abbott: Project 03 Relief Mapping

 


Concept:

The concept for this piece is based around the Christian Holy Week. It is divided into four different sections: a cosmic image of Christ, the walls in the Upper Room, the garden of Gethsemane, the judgement by Pilate, and an abstract visualization of the crucifixion. 

Technique:

I calibrated the 3D model to the physical relief map in the lab. After the model set, I took a screenshot of the warped map and used that as reference in After Effects. I imported the song, Crows, by Gray Havens, and began to animate it. I used effects such as sway, star burst, stroke, and glow. I created masks for the eyes to create a lid that could blink. For the most part, the calibration worked, but I struggled with correctly lining up the circle.

Interpretation

I know I could have better calibrated the video to model better, but I was limited in the time I could dedicate to the project. This was the first time I created a piece outside of mad mapper and brought it in, and though I liked it, I think mad mapper provides a more dynamic piece that pushes me out of my comfort zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment