Monday, April 10, 2023

Tately Diep: Project 4 - Relief Mapping

  Concepts:

My concept for this project is Food On The Brain is to represent the relationship between food and the brain. This project is supposed to convey the idea of daydreaming cravings. I wanted to create a composition that allows the viewer to have a cute and fun experience by using visuals that are playful and colorful. 

Relief Mapping Model

Techniques:

I thought this project was just the excuse I needed to play around with another program. I have been wanting to try out Blender so I am glad I finally had the chance to. I created three different foods: a fruit sandwich, a dango, and a flan. After creating my Blender files, I applied my scenes to the calibrated relief model in MadMapper. For each scene, I tried to make compositions that would help match the designated foods.

Creating 3D Food Models in Blender
GIF Showcasing Models
Calibrated Model
Scene/Cue View

   

Interpretations:

For my project, I wanted the 3D-modeled food to be the main focal point of the projection. Overall, I would say I am quite satisfied with how it came out, as I am proud of both my scenes and 3D models. However, if I could change one thing it would be to add the LED lights to my composition (I forgot about them) and find out why my project lags a bit when projected.






No comments:

Post a Comment