Friday, October 5, 2018

Isamary Luna Tape Mapping

Concept
What I originally wanted to do was a rose, but because of time and amount of space I decided to use the TV set up as I could try to use my original idea within that set up. In the end though I scrapped the idea because as I started working on it it felt out of place with what I had created. For the new piece I was inspired by a song called Soulmate by ZICO & IU. I wanted to show how romance is portrayed in popular media.



Process
I started off with putting the video in the background. The video is what's bringing the music in. Again, the song playing in the background is called Soulmate. Since I didn't want the video in the background taking all of the attention I added the wavelength material on a new layer and lowered the opacity. I also made it react to sound, that way it will move to the song. On the TV, I added the same wavelength material and made it react to sound as well. On the actual screen I added a video of scenes from popular movies and shows to show the idea of romance. I also added lines in the form the TV shape and added animation and shake. The last thing I added was the radial effect, which also reacts to sound.

Final Product
Overall, I think once you look at it you get the idea of what I was trying to portray as it's very literal. This project gave me more of an idea of what projection mapping is like, which is good, and it was fun to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment