Monday, October 29, 2018

Paul Hinderliter: Leonardo Project

For my contribution to the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Leonardo, I decided to use the Medallion in the 3D Studio as a backdrop for a composition that illustrated both the artistic and technological aspects of Leonardo and blending them in a colorful and explosive animation.

Before even touching MadMapper, I began my process in After Effects.




I used the scan of the Medallion on the elearning site and used several effects to generate the effect below.


For the animation occurring in the front, I used the same effects, but used a different source image of the medallion to generate a different animation. 




After making the two effects above, I added both of them to MadMapper. I made the two effects progressively change their hue color to add variety to the composition. To get the two effects to work together, I had to increase the contrast and change the blend modes to add, so both animations aren't completely covering up one another.

To incorporate Leonardo into the projection, I added a video of the magazine covers moving across the screen, provided in the class box folder. I gave it the subtract blend mode, and placed it on top of the two effects to make it only show up where the animation is, but still keeping the color of the effect as it was.

Rounding it all up, I used the SVG file of the medallion to add animated lines that was sound reactive, just like my last project, to give it a more interactive quality.
The final composition can be seen below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment