Monday, October 29, 2018

Jennifer Newhard - Leonardo Wall Wash

I didn't have a set background in mind for my wall wash concept. I wanted to use bubbles in my design, almost like thought bubbles coming out of the brain relief that was made for the event. I wanted to have some of the journal covers in the bubble floating and rotating across the walls, but I had issues trying to get the movements down like I wanted.



 I also wanted to have the number 50 made out of bubbles. This I wanted to have moving as well but decided against it in the end because I didn't want to deform the 50.



I finally decided to use the journal covers in the background. I didn't like either of the options for the moving journal cover videos that were available. I would have used one of them but there was a weird offset shading that I didn't think would add to the design that I wanted. I felt like it would be too much for the viewer all at once.

Ideally, if I could present this again, I would get the bubbles with the journal covers in them moving and I would experiment with making the bubbles possibly vibrate in the shape of the 50, or having the 50 as a whole move around on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment