Monday, October 1, 2018

Tape Mapping

Tape Mapping Project  

Design
I originally hoped to do a design that incorporated that human figure, but I struggled to create something that looked as good as the vision in my head. I am not familiar with Illustrator so I was limited to using Photoshop and MadMapper. In MadMapper, I designed a picture with a mountain in the middle. Unfortunately, I was unable to get my design taped to the wall in time and thus had to resort to using a classmates design. Shout out to ____ for creating the awesome house that I used for my tape mapping project. 




Process
I started by masking around the lines of the house so that I could project something on the background of the house. The masking was the easiest part. The hardest part was thinking of a concept and finding stock footage that would flow once they were all brought together in one design.


https://youtu.be/61JiDn12Pd4

Outcome
I decided that I wanted the house to be engulfed into a pretty setting, so I took to Vimeo and found a clip that worked perfectly. I wanted the house to be engulfed in nature and give a feeling of what happens being out of the house's control.  Mother Nature is in charge and the house will have to adapt to the challenges.  



Plants: 
Directed and edited by Kelli Anderson and Daniel Dunnam: kellianderson.com, thesoundsinmyhead.com
Concept by Kelli Anderson and Daniel Dunnam
Inspired by Marie Caudry’s original artwork for Plants: mariecaudry.free.fr
Sound design by Daniel Dunnam and Tinybop


No comments:

Post a Comment