Monday, February 22, 2021

Adan Morales: Projection 1 Backdrop Mapping

 Concept: 

Due to the struggles and hardships I faced after the horrible weather last week, I decided to focus on applying some of the techniques demonstrated during class and apply the basic concepts of MadMapper on my photo background. This time, I utilized quads and materials, masks, layers, and scenes to create the composition for project 1.

Techniques:

I imported the photo background onto MadMapper and used a checkered TestCard to align the materials onto the walls and floor on the photo. After that, I replaced the checkered background for a different material and changed the blending mode and colors to make it more clearly visible. Whenever an object would obstruct the view, I would create a mask for that layer to go around said object and create a depth illusion. 





Interpretation:

I wanted to take the almost monochromatic feel of my living room and create something drastically different on top to create contrast and give it a more energetic personality. However, I had many issues throughout the week and therefore I did not have the time, energy or mental capacity to create something more complex, so instead I decided to focus on the basics and apply color, shapes, masks, and use scenes to achieve my goal. It may not be an astonishing piece of work but I did utilize the techniques and tools provided by MadMapper to create different composition and save them as scenes.





No comments:

Post a Comment