Sunday, February 14, 2021

Ysatis Muniz: Projection 1 Background Mapping

 Concept: I decided to base my project off of Harry Styles and displayed visual representations of a few of his songs from his latest album.



Techniques: I started out with a checkerboard quad to map onto my surfaces. I did one quad for the whole house, then did 4 separate quads for the 4 windows on the house. I did another quad for the right side of the house and a text quad for the black rectangle above the right side of the house. Since my architecture consisted of rectangles it was pretty easy to map onto the surfaces. However, in some parts an object was interfering with the structure/quad, so for those parts I created a mask within that same quad so that the quad wouldn't overlap with the object. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to control the timing of my scenes/cues, but I think I eventually got it. I feel like I did it wrong but I set the fade duration for my scenes at 1 second and my cues at 30 seconds and set it for the auto play settings. To be honest I toyed around with this portion for like an hour so I don't know what I did haha.

Interpretation: For the first composition, I displayed Harry's song Watermelon Sugar. I used a gif of cartoon watermelons as the background and put 4 gifs from Harry's Watermelon Sugar music video on the 4 windows from the house. On the right side of the house I put a picture of Harry's Fine Line album cover, which is where the song is from (all three of his songs that I displayed are from Fine Line, but I used the album cover for Watermelon Sugar). Above the Fine Line album cover, I decided to have "WATERMELON SUGAR" scrolling across in a pinkish/reddish shade that resembles the color of the watermelons. I also decided to play a snippet of this song as you see the display. This all comes together to embody the song Watermelon Sugar.

For the second composition, I displayed Harry's song Golden. For the background I used a gif of sunflowers blowing in the wind; since they are golden and calm I thought that it would be great to have as the background for this song. On the 4 windows I displayed 4 different gifs from Harry's Golden music video. On the right side of the house I displayed a photo that resembles Harry's Fine Line album cover. This picture is from Harry's photoshoot for Fine Line. Since it's yellow I thought that it would tie in great with Golden. For the text banner, I have "GOLDEN" scrolling across in a yellow shade that matches the color of the background in Harry's photo underneath the text banner. I also decided to play a snippet of this song as you see the display. This all comes together to embody the song Golden.

For the third composition, I displayed Harry's song Adore You. For the background I used a gif of an animated koi fish swimming in a circle. On the 4 windows I displayed 4 different gifs from Harry's Adore You music video. On the right side of the house I displayed a photo of a drawing that Harry had represent him in his music videoFor the text banner, I have "ADORE YOU" scrolling across in a reddish/orangeish shade that resembles the color of the koi fishes in the drawing of Harry. I also decided to play a snippet of this song as you see the display. This all comes together to embody the song Adore You.

1 comment:

  1. greaT WORK. Consider changing the blending mode or use opacity to show some of the underlying structures.

    ReplyDelete