Monday, February 22, 2021

NUNO SERGIO - PROJECT 1

Concept: For this assignment, I chose to come up with three different designs that I would personally like in my room. Each composition includes a design dedicated to 3 of my favorite characters from the anime, Naruto.

 

 

Techniques: The techniques that were used on this project were all pretty straight forward. I did basic masking for the door, television and the prism on the corner. I also had to mesh warp the quad on the prism because it was a bit uneven. The prism wasn’t necessarily triangle nor was it a perfect square and needed tweaking. Most of the rest of my process included editing bits of mp4 files and manipulating the colors of these files by messing around with the FX tab and blend modes. I also added lines to the siding of my room and corner prism to define the edges better. 

 

Interpretation:

 

Composition #1: This composition is of one of the many villains in the series, Itachi Uchiha. For this composition, I went with a red monochromatic palette to symbolize the dark person he appears to be in the show. This color palette and the black outlines I made on the crows also were my attempt to recreate one of his jutsu he uses while in battle called, Tsukuyomi.

 

Composition #2: This composition is of Naruto’s sensei, Kakashi Hatake. The idea for this one was really simple. Along with the short animation of him on the main wall, I wanted to surround him with a lot of lightning. I felt it was only right since his overpowered move, the chidori, is also known as the “Lightning Blade.”

 

Composition #3: This composition is probably the most simple, but it is my favorite. It is dedicated to main protagonist, Naruto, and in my opinion, is the most aesthetically pleasing piece I am showcasing. The colors chosen are because of his orange clothing and the nine tailed fox, which lives within him.*Special thanks to my friend, Vanessa Sotelo for her letting me use her artwork :)









No comments:

Post a Comment