Monday, February 22, 2021

Cameron Steele: Projection 1 Backdrop Mapping

Concept:


For the entire span of this project, I wanted to explore audio-reactive surfaces. As, I hope to continue building on this idea, eventually building a procedural audio visualization system. This attempt was not very ambitious as I wanted to use the various layer types (Quad, Line, Masks) and become familiar with using them.

My location is the corner of the UTD Mall next to The Founders Building.



Technique:

I wanted to use very energetic music with a lot of diverse sounds, to do this I used clips from mixes from my friends over at Wakaan records and a colleague who makes 3d animations. I focused my time on seamlessly integrating video clips without the jarring way that making a video clip a surface normally entails. I played with the various Audio reactivity features and found that using treble as a variable made the most sense when syncing graphics to audio. With some tweaking, I was able to produce my final result.

Interpretation:


There is so much more I could have done, but I came away with a ton of knowledge on audio control and can't wait to apply it to other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment