Thursday, February 18, 2021

Eduardo Garcia: Projection 1 Background Mapping

Concept: My workspace fits so comfy in the corner of my room and there is enough rectangular planar real estate in the area to display scattered cyberpunk, futuristic, User Interfaces. There is a common theme of stress and anguish in these motion graphics filled with language for a fashion emergency. My vision for this project is to give a lyrical cyber-funk, dystopian future atmosphere during Dior's Spring/Summer 2022.
Technique: By embedding an image of my workspace onto Mad Mapper, I was able to add my graphics fit for any screen onto any rectangular surfaces I could set them on. I even took advantage of the papers on my pin board as a surface to place a motion graphic. I did so by carefully aligning a quad section on top of any surface and then imported and edited the duration of my .mp4s to create 3 different scenes. Layering each moving image to comeout with composition for my projection mapping.
Interpretation: I wanted to create a small cyber kinetic world in my room and share it with you all. I belive in making deep connections with everything that I love when I create my projects. Its a look into my personal life and the time spent doing whatever I want. More than anything I want to provide myself an escape from reality which I absolutely loathe. From building worlds and landscapes alone in my room, I hope this is a taste of what my future is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment