Monday, March 6, 2023

Bailey Lai: Projection 2 Tape Mapping

 Concepts

This project consisted of videos I have taken through a video diary app, "1 Second Everyday Journal". I have created and posted monthly video diaries to document my every day life since my first semester in college (Fall 2019), so I compiled my favorite moments to work with.

Techniques
I used the camera tape design to project onto. The process for all three compositions are similar with a line pattern going through the outline of each projection, just with different colors. The main projections were different generators that matched the theme of each color scheme. I used quad and triangle masks on all compositions to project specific areas of the camera outline.

Interpretations



Each projection symbolizes moments with my close ones that have been documented. The first projection uses pink and white, in which I've interpreted as love and care. The second projection uses blue and yellow, in which I've interpreted as summer time because I have the most memories associated with that season. The third project uses multiple colors and black and white, in which I've interpreted as diversity and liveliness. While the outlines of the first two projections are monochromatic to their main projections, I chose to use black and white for my third projection's outline to contrast from the rainbow.





No comments:

Post a Comment