Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Brittany Han: Project 2 Tape Mapping

Concept:

    For this project, I was required to either create or use a design created by someone else and tape it to the wall. I wasn't sure which option to go with, and eventually just settled on the camera as my choice. I figured I could create a pretty straight forward narrative for this object. Starting with the initial start up, then going into a potential recording, that recording messing up, and finally the camera being turned off.

Scene 1


Scene 2

Scene 3

Scene 4


In case of error link: https://youtu.be/yPVW1R_rr9E


Once everything was mapped out and the tape applied to the wall, I made a few masks to define the camera shape. I decided to leave the background empty as it became to busy with all the bright colors. I kept the camera the same color mostly throughout, except for scene 2 where I wanted the focus to be the video played.


Interpretation:

I like how this project turned out, even though it was fairly short. I was mainly focusing on getting the sound reactive materials working with all the audio. If I had to do it again, I don't know if I would use reactive materials as they are a pain to get to since to premade videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment