Monday, March 6, 2023

Caleb Wang: Project 2

 Concept: 

For this project, I wanted to focus on the broccoli itself. There's not too many interpretations for a common vegetable, but I decided to focus on the aspect of life. In detailing the life cycle of a broccoli, I wanted to illustrate its different facets, from the harvesting down to its cells.

Techniques:

Since we already had an SVG file, I already had all the lines ready to go. I made a mask on the quad layer around the broccoli and then inverted it. My first scene focused on the cells, and I wanted the line design to represent that. I went with a MadNoise mask and adjusted it so it imitated the cells. For the next scene, the focus was on the growth of the broccoli. I shifted the line design over to upward moving arrows to signify the growth of the plant as it grew upward. By adding in the timelapse, the scale grows from the last scene as well, as we go from the microscopic scale to a larger, but still small, scale. Lastly, the third scene is focused on the harvesting and production of the broccoli. The line design now it much more detailed and more numerous in a way, signifying the scale of each plant among hundreds.


Interpretations:

I used this opportunity to become familiar with line design and experiment with materials. It was also good for me to explore using transitions for scenes and making them flow seamlessly together.











No comments:

Post a Comment